The Middle Tennessee Chapter of the American Society of Highway Engineers has the following scholarships available for the 2024 Spring Semester:
- Middle Tennessee ASHE General Academic Scholarships
- Middle Tennessee ASHE John Harper Memorial Scholarship
- John Harper was a long-time TDOT employee who headed up the Department’s GIS work unit. This scholarship is given in his name to promote student’s involvement in the transportation field. The award amount of this scholarship will be $2,000.
- Middle Tennessee ASHE Billy Hart Memorial Scholarship
- Billy Hart was a long-time TDOT employee who began working for TDOT in December 1978 and steadily progressed to Transportation Manager 2 within the Strategic Transportation Investments Division. The award amount of this scholarship will be $2,000.
Please note that it is not necessary to specify which scholarship you are applying for. The scholarships under this program are available for those students seeking a career in the highway industry. Interested college or technical school students who are studying highway industry related subjects at a college or technical school in Tennessee are eligible.
Multiple scholarships may be awarded each year from the sponsored scholarships and the Middle Tennessee ASHE chapter funds. However, each student is only eligible to receive one scholarship. Past recipients of any ASHE Middle Tennessee scholarship are not eligible. Sponsored scholarships are supported by proceeds from charity golf tournaments held each Spring to promote students’ involvement in the transportation field.
- The applicant must be classified as a sophomore, junior, senior, graduate student; or in the second year of a two-year highway industry related technical
- The applicant is eligible to receive *any* ASHE Middle Tennessee chapter award only once.
- The applicant must submit a completed Recommendations and/or resumes may also be included, but are not required.
A single application may be submitted by for consideration of each scholarship. You will need Microsoft Word to complete the application electronically. Applications must be received no later than Midnight October 31, 2023 to be considered.
As a recipient of an ASHE Middle Tennessee section scholarship, it is important to note that you will be responsible for understanding and managing any financial and tax implications associated with this award. We encourage you to seek guidance from a financial advisor or tax professional to ensure you meet all necessary obligations and make the most of this valuable opportunity.
Scholarship Committee Chair: Harrison Bruce
Please e-mail the completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration of the ASHE 2023 Spring Semester Scholarships. All questions may be direct to Matthew Zlokovich at email@example.com or Harrison Bruce at firstname.lastname@example.org.